Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Unbelievable



Yep...there's a new liberal radio network. Woohoo. Now the truth will come out. Umm...only one tiny little problem: the network is NAMED AFTER ONE OF THE MOST HEINOUS CIA FRONTS OF ALL TIMES: AIR AMERICA! They helped bomb Vietnam. They ran drugs. They...oh hell, do your own google search.

What is the deal here. On the one hand the people who started this station are clever enough to know what Air America was. Is it supposed to be satire? I don't think so because I don't think enough people would actually know enough about "Air America" to get the joke. Is it a big "fuck you" to people who had some hopes that the network might bring a little light onto some very murky places?

I don't know. I do know that it's messing with MY mind anyway. Someone please come up with an explanation, no matter how implausible, that I can hang on to, if only by my fingernails.

I also notice that they are going after markets that already have Pacifica stations, and it is a safe bet, even with all the underhanded shenanigans of the last several years, that Pacifica stations are more progressive than whatever Air America turns out to be.

Don't get me wrong...I like Al Franken, as mainstream as he is...he's funny. And I had a crush on Janeane Garofolo BEFORE she lost weight. I almost wrote her a fan letter once, till I realized I wasn't really THAT pathetic yet.

But to crowd the Pacifica markets AND name yourself after a well known CIA front? I guess hard hitting exposes of alternative 9-11 theories won't be topping the bill.

Anyway, go decide for yourselves. Change my mind. I hope you can. Here's the link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home